To keep you moving and doing what you love also means we follow a full set of hygiene practices to help our clients, staff and all of our families stay fighting fit.
Our regular hygiene practices include:
- Therapists always wash their hands before and after every client
- Paper hand towels are placed over pillows and replaced after every client
- Treatment tables bedding is replaced daily
- Daily disinfecting of high contact areas including door handles, gym equipment and the reception desk including the EFTPOS machine
- Liquid soap and paper hand towels in bathrooms and having hand sanitizer available at reception
- If a client is unwell, we reschedule their appointment for when they are better. Same goes with staff! All staff who are unwell are required to stay home with our full support.
- Weekly cleaning of the practice by a professional cleaning company
- Follow Ministry of Health updates and recommendations
Additional hygiene practices we have put in place in response to COVID-19 include:
- As Jacinta and Ashley say, if you’re sick, stay home. When you make your booking we’ll ask about any symptoms or contact with people with symptoms over the last 2 weeks. And we’ll ask you again on arrival. We will happily reschedule bookings for a later date or offer consultations via phone and video chat.
- We have two doors into our clinic. All visitors will enter one and exit the other. Please use the hand sanitiser available on entry and exit.
- The information we need for contact tracing will be recorded at reception
- A perspex screen has been installed and we have spaced our chairs in the waiting room and consultation rooms so they are 2m apart
- Magazines and children’s toys have been removed from the waiting room
- Each therapist has their own treatment room and appointment slots have been extended to minimise cross over between clients and allow for added cleaning and admin tasks
- Those comfy fitted toweling plinth covers on treatment tables have been removed to provide a surface that can now be disinfected between clients. We will place paper hand towels around the plinth for clients lying face down.
- Bedding will be replaced after every client
- The gym will also been cleaned between clients
- All payment is contactless either by payWave or online payment
Our new and spacious purpose-built clinic complete with clinical gym provides added reassurance at this time. The gym is usually only occupied by one client at a time so it is a safe place to exercise. We structure gym bookings to ensure social distancing.
And you know how it goes, remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water, cough into your elbow and avoid touching your face. Let’s keep moving and do all the things we love while keeping each other safe and healthy!