To keep you moving and doing what you love also means we follow a full set of hygiene practices to help our clients, staff and all of our families stay fighting fit.
Our regular hygiene practices include:
- Therapists always wash their hands before and after every client
- Paper hand towels are placed over pillows and replaced after every client
- Treatment tables bedding is replaced daily
- Daily disinfecting of high contact areas including door handles, gym equipment and the reception desk including the EFTPOS machine
- Liquid soap and paper hand towels in bathrooms and having hand sanitizer available at reception
- If a client is unwell, we reschedule their appointment for when they are better. Same goes with staff! All staff who are unwell are required to stay home with our full support.
- Weekly cleaning of the practice by a professional cleaning company
- Follow Ministry of Health updates and recommendations
Additional hygiene practices we have put in place in response to COVID-19 include:
- All visitors are required to use hand sanitizer at reception
- We have spaced our chairs in the waiting room and consultation rooms so they are 2m apart
- Magazines and children’s toys have been removed from the waiting room
- Those comfy fitted toweling plinth covers on treatment tables have been removed to provide a surface that can now be disinfected between clients. We will place paper hand towels around the plinth for clients lying face down.
- Bedding will be replaced after every client
- If a client is required to be in self isolation, we reschedule their appointment
- We are also looking into virtual physiotherapy appointments using FaceTime and Skype for some conditions. Feel free to message us to discuss if this could be an option for you.
COVID-19 Update 26 March:
Our clinic is closed during Level 4 but consultations for current and new injuries will continue virtually via video chat. Our physiotherapists will be in contact with clients currently receiving treatment to discuss the process and arrange an appointment time. If you haven’t yet heard from us, or you have a new injury to be assessed and registered, please click here to contact us.
When it is safe to return, it will be great to great back to our our new and spacious purpose-built clinic complete with clinical gym. The gym is usually only occupied by one client at a time so it will be a safe place to exercise. We can structure gym bookings so it remains this way.
In the meantime, remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water, cough into your elbow and avoid touching your face. Let’s keep moving and do all the things we love while keeping each other safe and healthy!